Tuesday 22 January 2008

Retro


Our Church choir started rehearsals again this year on the 7th January, and the highlight of the first night back is shortbread and shloer to celebrate the new year.....and before anyone thinks a church choir doesn't have many "highlights"you should have been there last night when our very proper choir mistress asked us to "fart" at the beginning of the hymn instead of start! Anyway our organist had provided some very lovely homemade shortbread and some light refreshments and she was very delighted with a bottle she had found in her kitchen cupboard. "Homemade Ginger Beer" she declared "I didn't know I had any left...it should be fine!" I opened the bottle for her and to my surprise it fizzed just like it does when you open a bottle of any carbonated juice...not only was it not a bottle of homemade ginger beer....it was a 22 year old bottle of Barr's Strike Cola and it had went out of date in September 1985!! That would have been one way to finish the choir off!

2 comments:

Muscles said...

Funny you should say that Alice - she once asked us to fart when I was in the choir - problem is, she hasn't told me to stop yet and I've been doing it ever since. Aha! It's Christine to blame!!

Alice said...

Good one! ;)