Sunday 25 March 2007

Houston we have a problem!




We have a problem...well 2 problems! AJ and I went to our local school on Monday to meet her new Nursery Teachers and for us mums to fill in some forms and to find out all about the new nursery and how the first week is going to work for the children. First problem is the new children haven't to start nursery now until the 23rd April so that is another 7 sleeps onto my original total, not really that much a problem as the only thing I had planned for that week was to watch Jeremy Kyle instead of cbeebies! Second problem and this is the big one... AJ is point blank refusing to go! It all started when all of us mums were ask to go into the next room to get all of our information whilst the children played with the two other nursery teachers. We were separated only by one door that had a glass panel and was totally see through and AJ lasted a huge 60 seconds before she started freaking out, so she ushered in and the meeting continued. We were told that all children had to be settled in gently over a period of a week, time slowly increasing each day and most other mums there started complaining about having to stay for more than one day when the head teacher looked directly at me and said "do not worry we have a parents room where you will be able to have a coffee!" I think they know I'll be there for the duration! However none of this really matters for as I said earlier AJ is refusing to go and will not under any circumstance discuss it with anyone if we ask her how was school we simply get "don't like it....not going" and even when I dared to suggest that I thought the teachers were very nice I got a curt " no I don't think so" My hubby is now suggesting(I hope he is joking) that maybe I should start looking into home schooling.....Help!!!

No comments: