Friday 9 March 2007

Spring Cleaning


I started my spring cleaning this week. It started on Sunday night in my bedroom then I did my kitchen on Monday. The plan was to do one room at a time over a few days because when you have a 3 year old going behind you and undoing all your handiwork it can be pretty heavy going at times. This plan was going all right until yesterday...what is it they say about the best laid plans? Anyway I was getting a new stair carpet fitted and was getting everything ready for the carpet fitter who was coming later on that night. I started to take up the old carpet and was extremely puzzled to find that where my underlay should have been there was instead large piles of black dust. It was a nightmare, it went everywhere especially as AJ had opened every door upstairs and walked through every room and had jumped on my bed as well...I could have cried! Luckily my dad removed the delightful child out of harms way(yes...my way)and took her down to stay at their house for the night. Daughter number 1 was at her other grandparents so I had plenty of child free time to get on with the clean up. 3 hours of solid scrubbing, hoovering, changing beds and putting stuff back where it belonged followed and by the time I was finished I could barely lift a finger! But do you know whats really worrying me? I need to do it all again on Monday when my new living room carpet gets fitted...help!!

No comments: