Sunday 4 March 2007

Mr Alice

I have been reading back through some of my entries and have realised I haven't really written much about my better half...Mr Alice! Obviously that's not his real title but he would probably throttle me if I put his real name on this! So that's why I have chose this picture 'cause you can't really make him out and it will give him the anonymity he so desires! He has been my best friend and not to sound too soppy my soul mate, and I'm sure we worked it out that we have known each other for nearly 12 years. We've had our ups and downs like most couples and we have argued over the usual petty things...whos turn it is to put the bins out...who has to make a cup of tea...who is doing the dishes(although I am reliably informed I am getting a dishwasher for Mothers Day)...whos turn it is to get up with the kids and so on but we get there! He is however not the most handiest of blokes when it comes to domestic matters for example as I came out of church this morning and switched on my mobile I was alerted to the fact I had voice mail...."Hi it's me... listen where does the bold stuff go and if its a ball thingy where is it? if its not a ball thingy do I just put it in the drawer?" very technical stuff! He once washed all my towels including my show towels(if you are anything like my mum you'll know what I am talking about!)at a very high temperature needless to say my mum nearly had a nervous breakdown when she saw them and spent a week bleaching all my white ones back to their original state! However there are some things that I couldn't do without him...he fixed my hoover yesterday...he laid my wooden floor...he gets rid of moths for me(I in return have to get rid of wasps for him!)...and although he moans about it every year he helps me get my Christmas decorations down from the loft! But the best thing about him and I have touched briefly on it in a earlier blog is his amazing talent for making tea...it is out of this world!!

2 comments:

Katie said...

dishwasher for mothers day - something else to argue about - whos' turn it is to emply it or to fill it = need I say more

Alice said...

You can have the first shot mother