Thursday 29 March 2007

Just a little prick


Do you believe in miracle cures?
I have always been very skeptical about things that promise to cure you from all pain, I tend to always go for "Doctor knows best" As I mentioned in a earlier blog I have been suffering from very bad sciatica since just before Christmas and have been having to have my pain killers increased on a regular basis, but when you have 2 young kids spending your day drowsy from strong pain killers isn't an ideal solution. A couple of weeks ago I was talking to one of my fellow choir members about my problem as I knew she had back troubles as well. She suggested that I come down to her house one night to meet her daughter who was a physiotherapist at our local hospital, I went down a few days later. She got me to do a few exercises and then to lie up on her table while she carried out some movements on my legs, so far so good. Then she told me that my right leg was 1 inch shorter than my left leg and that my pelvis on my right side was out of position and that a new technique that she had learned would put it back in the right place in 5 minutes....wow! I then had 15 minutes of acupuncture,very freaky, especially when she told me I could get up if I wanted but to be aware I had needles in my back, my foot and my knee! No thanks I'll just lie very still! It is truly amazing I am almost completely off my painkillers, I am still having the very odd twinge but that is only to be expected because the nerve was trapped for so long. Definitely a miracle cure for me! I can't believe how normal I am feeling, the permanent bad mood from being in so much pain is gone and my sleep is not be disturb every night plus I can start having a social drink again which is very convenient because we are away with friends for the Easter weekend...hurrah!

2 comments:

Katie said...

If it wasn't for a greater miracle all those years ago, you would not be having an easter holiday -

IAIN CUNNINGHAM said...

Good news!