Monday 19 February 2007

The Biggest Nightmare Ever!!

Today my 3 year old well and truly put me to the test, AJ as she is affectionately known burst into my room at 7.15am and started to chap on my forehead as you would do to a front door that has no bell. I then went for a bath whilst she was safely holed up in my bedroom watching Tiny Pop. However when I came out of the bath, towel wrapped round me etc...I was greeted by the sight of my front door lying wide open, I started to panic and began to call for my delightful child. I reached the open door and being as careful as I could so not to expose my towel clad body shouted out again for her..no reply..shouted again, then just as I was about to race upstairs to dress and start the hunt she appeared from round the corner of the house, dressed in pjs, pink fluffy boots, a denim summer hat and carrying her shawl and dummy! "I was just having a wee look round"the innocent party responded! I then had the honour of taking the afore mentioned nightmare to Hamilton for some well needed new clothes(hurrah to Adams for bringing out Dora the Explorer clothes!)that earned me at least 5 minutes of cooperation in the clothes shop it went down hill very quickly after that. To cut a dreadful afternoon short I began to look like the sort of parent that I would normally feel quite sorry for in a public environment! and my mother who had accompanied me was heard to mutter "I cannot do this again" Bliss

No comments: