Monday 26 February 2007

Bursting the Bubble


This morning was a "bubble bursting" moment in my 8 year olds life. HC was as usual moaning about having to get up for school and demanded to know why her 3 year old sister was still in her bed and not having to get up and ready. "Don't worry" I told her, "next year after the summer holidays AJ will be going to school everyday" Then came the reply "but were will I be then?" uh oh....then I had to explain how many years exactly were left of daughter number 1's school life..as you can imagine it didn't go down very well! I still don't think she really realises how long her school experience will be because when you are young you really don't have the concept of time, years go by very slowly, Christmas, birthdays and summer holidays take forever to come round. It's only now when I have entered my 30's do I really grasped how quickly the years go by and I still feel like I am still in my late teens not about to hit 40 in 7 years...gulp!

No comments: