Saturday 24 February 2007

Sleeping Beauty


I took this picture last night of my lovely AJ after she had fallen asleep in our bed whilst she was watching the television in our bedroom. Both my girls think this is a great treat and are always delighted if they are allowed to do this, sometimes we have great difficulty in getting AJ to leave the room as she would quite happily spend all day in there! It's amazing how the simplest things make kids happy...the cardboard box a toy arrived in...an empty shampoo bottle in the bath...a roll of sticky tape, paper and a pair of scissors. My eldest daughter is thrilled if she gets to stay the night at her Grans without her little sister being there to spoil her fun. When I was young one of the things I loved to do was to sneak into my grans "big bed" in the morning when I was spending the night there and to cuddle in and wait on my Papa bringing us our breakfast in bed. I love these special memories and I hope as my girls get older they will remember these things fondly too and not just the new toy that they got at Christmas and Birthdays.

No comments: