Tuesday 27 February 2007

How many sleeps?


If you are a parent you will be very familiar with the phrase..."how many sleeps?" We use it for Christmas, Birthdays, Holidays and special treats, it's a concept which kids and we parents find very easy to use. Today I find myself asking "how many sleeps?" because today I got the letter I had been waiting on....AJ my youngest had got her nursery place at our local school!!! 5 mornings!!! she has been delayed in getting her place because the school which we use is getting a new all purpose Nursery built and it is not quite finished yet. To say that I am delighted is an understatement, don't get me wrong I love my children dearly but my eldest daughter is very independent and is happy to go anywhere and with anyone who offers but AJ is not cut from the same cloth. I have struggled to leave AJ with anyone and this has been going on from a very early age and even now she is over 3 and the shutters will go down and she refuses to leave my side(remember my earlier blog about having to go to Sunday school?) 99% of the time I really don't mind her wanting to stay with her mummy the majority of the day because she is quite funny and has the most amazing knack of picking up songs very quickly(she can sing most of the Mama Mia and High School Musical soundtrack!!)but that little 1% is what I really miss..reading my book without her turning the pages for me...not having to watch cbeebies or pop...not having to continually refill her drawers because she has tipped them out...the list goes on and on. So roll on Nursery because I'm sure it will be the making of her and me..and in case you're wondering 48 sleeps to go!!

1 comment:

IAIN CUNNINGHAM said...

Love the post. But make sure you still make the most of every moment you have with them while they're young, 'cos believe me it won't be long until time is rushing past you faster than the Clyde was this morning after all that rain.