Thursday 22 February 2007

The Sound Of Life


I'm sitting here tonight trying to decide what to write about today and whilst I'm doing it I'm listening to the great Peter Kay reading the first chapter of his autobiography. In this he talks about the sound of life and it made me think about the "sound of life" that my children and my husband make all day, starting with the racket my dear husband makes when he gets up and ready for work, the protests from daughter number 1 about the fact that she has to get up for school, the yells from daughter number 2 that the television is not on and so on. Other sounds echo round my house all day as well.. telephone, hoover, washing machine, microwave and the enjoyable gossip from my 2 friends who were round for coffee. The sound rumbles on all day and now finally it's 8pm and daughters 1 & 2 are now in bed and it's wind down time for me now and I have to confess that I'm really enjoying the silence of the "sound of life"

1 comment:

IAIN CUNNINGHAM said...

HEY! Welcome to the blogosphere! Didn't realise you had started writing a blog. Enjoyed what you've written so far. I'm going to add a link to your blog on mine. Keep up the good work. As you can see from mine I certainly don't manage to write something every day but it's good to keep new posts coming. Keeps your readers interested. Looking forward to next instalment of the Life of Alice (through the looking glass):-)